Forensic Science involves the use of scientific principles to analyze evidence for legal investigations. Forensic scientists collect, preserve, and analyse scientific evidence during the course of an investigation. In this course you will look at crime scene analysis, finger print analysis, trace evidence (including hair, fibers and poisons), DNA profiling, blood, forensic ballistics and manner of death.
The goals of the Forensics 20 Course are to develop:
- understanding of the science behind Forensics, including real-life examples of its application in the solving of crimes;
- awareness of the variety of techniques and technologies employed during a criminal investigation and performing some of these techniques in a lab setting;
- teamwork and relationship skills, required in the area of forensics, particularly during an investigation;
- opportunities to explore potential career options in the area of forensics;
- problem-solving and critical thinking skills when analyzing cases and potential evidence.
- Teacher: Al Wandler